Work at the Centre for Policy Development
If you would are interested in work at the Centre for Policy Development please check this page regularly for job and internship opportunities.
Senior Advisor, Digital and Communications
The Centre for Policy Development is seeking a values-driven digital communications expert with a keen public affairs sensibility to join our mission to meet the toughest policy challenges facing Australia and our region, and to take people on the journey of solving them.
This position assumes primary operational responsibility for CPD’s digital communications.
It also contributes to the greater communications function within CPD to support the communication of CPD’s programs, initiatives and research to key public and stakeholder audiences.
Reporting and Relationships
The role reports to the communications director and works closely with the executive and senior leadership team, program directors and leads, as well as with service suppliers and contractors in the digital area.
- Lead the development, integration and management of CPD’s digital communications tools including website, analytics, social media channels, CRM, email marketing, fundraising and other digital communications
- Develop content, planning and stakeholder communications templates and tools to ensure consistent approach and messaging
- Contribute to the mapping of stakeholder journeys across CPD’s digital and non-digital touchpoints to understand and optimise stakeholder journeys
- Explore digital publishing opportunities for CPD
- Contribute to media relations, stakeholder relations and corporate communications activities as required
- Assist with publication production as required
- Proven experience in digital publishing, social media and audience development, preferably in a for-purpose, public affairs or digital news environment
- An understanding of and commitment to CPD’s values, vision and method
- Well developed stakeholder management skills
- An understanding of public policy and the Australian political, business and non-government spaces
- An ability to execute targeted and persuasive digital communications on nuanced and complex issues
This a full-time position based in either Sydney or Melbourne in modern serviced co-working spaces.
Benefits include training and professional development, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements and study leave.
We build constructive, respectful working relationships — internally and externally — and we take equity and inclusion seriously. We are committed to listening, learning and growing.
We recognise the best solutions are developed when diverse voices contribute, so we try hard to integrate all perspectives into our work — especially those of people with lived experience of the issues we are trying to address.
Internships are available on a case-by-case basis depending on research project needs. Internships will be considered next in July 2021. As such, although applications are welcome at all times, not all applications will be successful.
All general applications should be addressed to ‘Centre for Policy Development’ and sent via email to [email protected]. The subject line must be ‘Internship Application for CPD’. For specific roles, please follow the provided instructions.
Please provide an attached CV and cover letter. The cover letter must comment on a CPD research paper and a policy issue the applicant is passionate about. Applications that do not meet these criteria will not be considered.